- Weekly Package
- English, Spanish
- 1 min
Polo Week at the foot of the Sierras de Córdoba
- El Colibri
- Hosted by El C
Polo is a great passion of owner Raoul Fenestraz, and it is assiduously played and taught at El Colibri! The hotel gave its name to the El Colibri Polo Club, a team that competes in regional and national tournaments, on horses bred and trained on the property.
• This charming Estancia is a member of Relais & Châteaux and a real symbol of the Argentine dream of Stéphanie and Raoul Fenestraz. It is inspired by the Argentine estancias of the early 20th century, but the call of the great outdoors is omnipresent.
• Enjoy a polo lesson per day and then lazing by the pool or indulge in the vast amenities available, at your leisure.
You will have the chance to learn the basics or perfect your passion for the “king of sports’’ from professional players, whilst discovering the charming Estancia at the foot of the Sierras de Córdoba in Santa Catalina. Each lesson concludes with a friendly drink or an asado at the Club House.
OTHER EXPERIENCES AT THE ESTANCIA
• Biking and hiking: By bike or by foot, discover the many landscapes with the mountains of Córdoba in the background.
• Bird watching: The preservation of nature around the estancia attracts many species. They say there are more than 170 species to watch for bird enthusiasts. Will you have the chance to see the elegant Colibri Hummingbird and its characteristic wings beat?
• Activities for kids: Accompanied by our “gaucho” Maxi, your children will enjoy milking our cow “Margerite”, collecting fresh eggs in the henhouse, feeding the animals, bringing the sheep back to their pens, and/or meeting our ducks and our pigs.
Children are also invited to harvest fruits and vegetables and to compose their own bouquet of flowers with our gardener Ramon, who will teach them the different harvesting techniques. These apprentice gardeners will then have the pleasure of being able to accompany our chef Léo in his homemade recipes.
• Wellness area with spa & swimming pool (heated by solar panels): Relax while reconnecting with beautiful and unspoiled nature. Our spa is open every day and has a jacuzzi, a hammam, a sauna, a treatment room and a gym.
- Handicap: 2, 5
- Professional players: 2
- Polo fields: 2
- Size: 265*130
- Horses: 8
- Arena(s): Outdoor
Guests can enjoy unique experiences in the surrounding areas:
• Ongamira Caves: Dating back 130 million years, this valley is surrounded by reddish mountains, which were sculpted by the wind and rain. You can stroll and admire these natural sculptures and explore the caves dug into the rocks.
• City of Córdoba: Capital of the province of the same name, Córdoba is the second largest city in the country, with 1.2 million residents. Known for its many universities, “La Docta” is an important cultural center of Argentina.
• Sierras de Córdoba: mountain range dominated by the Champaquí at 2884m above sea level. The plains and salt marshes are formed between the mountains. Several hikes can be organised in these perfectly preserved vast lands.
• Jesuit Churches: Since 2000, the city has boasted UNESCO World Heritage status, thanks to its Jesuit block, which includes a stone church, priests’ residences and one of the oldest universities in South America (1613).
• Turtledove hunting
About El Colibri
During the 1992 Albertville Winter Olympic Games, Raymonde and André Fenestraz transformed the outdated Airelles hotel, at Courchevel, into a magnificent luxury hotel - often referred to as the “Palais de Sissi” and considered to be one of the finest hotels in the world-.
During this time, Raymonde and André’s only son Raoul moved to Argentina with his wife Stéphanie. Living near Cordoba, the couple built a sumptuous residence, whose architecture was inspired by the farms of the early 20th century. Open in 2005 and member of the Relais & Châteaux, the Estancia El Colibri offers guests the opportunity to discover Argentina’s rural way of life, horse ranching and polo.
Whether in the Alps or in South America, these Maisons with authentic styles share the same refinement and discreet luxury. The family motto says “the best thing one man can do for another is to share his dream”. To experience the hospitality of Maison Fenestraz is to share this dream.
- Club house
- On-site Accommodation
- Massage on-site
- Changing room
- Free WiFi
- Swimming Pool
- Golf course